Dear Family,
Wow. So much happens in a week, yet it feels like I was just sending an email last week! This week I have really come closer to the gospel and the Savior. It's really crazy how in order to help convert other people to this gospel, you have to be converted yourself. That's something we've learned a lot lately. Oh-- also, we found out that Russell M. Nelson will be speaking at our All Mission Conference on May 14!! Along with Bishop Burton, and a couple other general authorites. I'm excited!! Anyway, my testimony has been strengthened so much. I've been doing all I can to strengthen my personal testimony of this gospel, and of the Savior and His atonement. I love Alma 32. I know it's a chapter we read about a lot, but it's so true when it talks about faith, and how it is like a seed. In verse 27, it tells us that if we will test out the scriptures by an experiment, and excercise at least a particle of our faith, and simply have a desire to do good, we will be able to have faith. Then, you must realize it is only a seed, and feed it until it grows and grows to be something great. Heather, (by the way your pictures from prom are amazing. Wow! It looks like you had one amazing time. That is so great.) Anyway, it remimded me of when you were going through the articles of faith and taking apart each one of them and realizing what they really were saying. It's kinda what I did with that chapter, and I got SO much out of it. I think sometimes we don't realize how wonderful this gospel really is. It's so exciting that we are a part of it!!
Dad, Melinda and kids, thank you SO much for the Easter package! I loved it!!! Isaac, thanks for the money. You are so awesome bud. You didn't have to do that! But I appreciate it because in order to print things here at the library I need some coins, so that helps! :) And thanks Ashley!! How is everything going at school for you? And Brynlee, guess what. I ate the ring pop you sent! Thanks. You guys are awesome. I really loved it all. I have eaten so much candy and junk lately! Oh, and thanks for the Cheese and Crackers too! Those are awesome. Dad, that's cool that you do know the Jensens. That couple in our ward is really awesome. Their last name is Mikkelson. We've had dinner at their house a couple times. Anyway, thanks for that!
Mom, thank you for the CDs again. I love the MoTab CD. It's way awesome, and I really loved the talks. They are so powerful. We actually used one of them in our District Meeting! So thanks for that. I really liked them. There is nothing like apostles sharing strong testimony. I love how they talk about the Atonement. It's just awesome.
This week I have been reminded of the power of the priesthood. There's an older lady in our ward who yesterday asked me for a blessing. She has been having lots of medical issues, and her daughter is very inactive in the church, so she's just been having a hard time. As I gave her a blessing, it wasn't me talking. I really have begun to understan that when you are in tune with the spirit, the spirit speaks-- Heavenly Father speaks. It was great to be able to help her like that.
Rickie's family is doing really well. They came to church again yesterday, and we are really trying to get Rickie committed to baptism! She's so awesome, as are the kids. I can't remember if I said last week, but two of the girls are set to be baptized in a couple weeks. We are praying that their faith will continue! Jay Woods has been having some family issues, and has been really hard to get a hold of. Man, it's crazy how it can be so hard to get a hold of people, and it's hard to believe sometimes that people can feel the spirit so strong, and then deny it later. But, we are working hard with them!
I got some awesome letters this week. I hope everyone knows how grateful I am for all the mail. It is so great. So mom, don't worry about not sending letters last week. there is amazing support!! (But I'm excited to get the mail you're sending.) :)
I'm trying to think of what else to share. I was able to share the message of the restoration this week with a teenager, who was interested in what we were teaching. It's always good to see a light in people's eyes as you teach them. Also, we went and visited an old man in our ward who is living in an assisted living center. I was reminded that as missionaries, we are always helping people in different ways. It was great to visit him and teach him. His name is Dennis, and he's a very nice old man!
Heather, I hope you really loved prom. The pictures Mom sent looked amazing. Wow. I remember prom! It wasn't too long ago. :) But really. That's so awesome. You continue to inspire me as you set such a strong example spiritually.
Brock, I hope all is still well with you. I love ya.
And Baydo, I'm stil excited to get mail from you! We get to talk on the phone next week! I'm excited!
Well, I need to go. But thank you again to everybody. I'm so excited to talk on Sunday to the family! That's so awesome that Grandma and Grandpa should be in town! I don't think I'll be able to Skype, but I'll plan on calling home Sunday evening. I'm guessing it will be some time after six. That is our plan with some appointments we have that day. Dad, did you get my letter? Let me know what works best if you can send me a letter! Thanks. It's really up to you.
Thank you so much my wonderful family. I love you all so much!!!
-Elder Egan :)


No comments:
Post a Comment