Hey Mom!!!
Wow... that was a pretty funny dream! That was really awesome. I'm laughing out loud. ;) I was really trying to picture that happenning in a dream, but that's awesome! I promise I wouldn''t really "shh" you if you came up to me in sacrament meeting! haha... That's funny though! And crazy that Stacy had a smilar dream!
About the tornado, crazy enough, I hadn't even heard about that yet. I'm sure we'll hear more about it later today. We did have a tornado warning earlier this week though for Leavenworth! I guess Leavenworth doesn't get tornadoes much, so it was a bit of a suprise. It never came, but the skies were pretty scary looking. I don't know if you heard, but it was the same night this week that there were many rumors that the world was going to end that night. So it was kinda a coinsidence that it happened that night! But wow, I'm sure that tornado was not a good thing last night. I can't believe it's so close to us! They definitely cause destruction! Well, I love you.
-Elder Egan
P.S. I wasn't able to print off that email last week because my time expired! But I'm going to do it right now so I can be sure to get it this time! This week has still been quite up and down, but I've found a lot of strength in the scriptures as you probably read in my other email. I love the scriptures so much, and they are so true. :)
____________________
Dear Family,
I'm excited to say that we had another amazing week out here. Things have been going really well for all of us out here in the mission field. I hope all is going well back at home! Dad, it was good to get your email and I will make sure to tell Elder Taufa hello, or talofa from you! He is really awesome and I have loved serving with him so far. It really is crazy to see the difference in missionaries. Elder Taufa came from an area where he wasn't very obedient with the rules, and didn't get a lot of work done, and he's been pretty honest about that with me. But we have been working hard this week. Elder Taufa also has an awesome singing voice. He reminds me a lot of Elder Murray in that way, but he is such an awesome elder. He is very relaxed and has a ukelele he loves to play. We actually have a family in our ward who has a recording studio in their basement and they invited us to come over sometime on a P-Day and try it out! That would be pretty awesome. We have been able to sing together for a couple lessons, and we love singing and playing together.
Heather and Brock, I hope you guys are still doing awesome! I thought about you both a lot this week as we met with different teenagers, and they talked about school getting out so soon. I can't believe it. Graduation is already done over here. It's crazy. I can't believe it was that long ago that I graduated! But I really hope all is going well for you guys, I love ya! And Braydon, what's new with you? I hope you are still doing really well in school and in all the things you're doing. I hope you're reading the scriptures. I love you buddy. Isaac, Ashley and Brynlee, I'm so excited to be able to talk to you guys in a few weeks on Father's Day! I love the mail you guys send. You are all so awesome!!!
This week we have been able to see miracles. We invited a few people to be baptized, and two of them accepted and are set with a baptismal date. One of them, named Kevin Vanhuzier is an awesome guy. His wife is a member of the church, but has been less active for a long time. She has been bringing him to church lately, but only because they love the people at the church. She doesn't have a very strong testimony. The first time we visited with them, she went on and on about how the Book of Mormon is false. She has read up on a lot of anti against the church, and seemed convinced that it was false and that Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet. This hasn't really helped Kevin progress! But, this week when we went over there, we were able to meet with Kevin alone, and he really opened up to us and told us that he himself prayed about the Book of Mormon, and honestly feels that it's true. I was able to testify to him about Joseph Smith, and it was a reminder to me that the spirit converts! He told us he wants to be baptized, so he is preparing to be baptized on May 31!
Also, this week we were able to give another blessing. Just yesterday morning, Rickie sent us a text saying that she had a death in the family and wouldn't be able to make it to church. She has been seeing a lot of deaths lately. We tried to talk to her about still coming to church so she could feel comforted and find answers she's looking for, but she never came. So, yesterday after church we went over and visited with her. She told us how it's been a pretty hard day for her. Yesterday I came to realize how much I love the people here. She told me how she can't stand the fact that missionaries jump around, and she told me that I feel like her family member, and it made me realize that love that I have for so many of the people here! Anyway, I asked her if she wanted a blessing. It didn't make much sense to her at first, but after explaining it a little bit, she told us that if it would help, she would want it. As I gave her a blessing, she just broke down in tears. It was hard to see, because she told us she doesn't cry much, and she really doesn't like to. But, I just let her know that the words I said were from the spirit, and I think it meant a lot to her. It really is amazing to me how the priesthood works. We are so blessed to have it on the earth today, and the Lord truly gives us the words we need to say as priesthood holders at times when blessings are given.
I want to testify of the truthfulness of this gospel. There's something I've learned this week that I haven't really shared, but I want to share with all of you. I don't know why, but I feel it would be important to share today. In the Doctrine and Covenants Section 121, Joseph Smith is in jail in Liberty. He is going through a time in his life of a whole lot of sorrow and pain. He is in a jail! On this day on March 20, 1889, he says, "O God, where art thou?" I think this is a question a lot of us ask sometimes, in different ways when we feel alone, or feel that everything is going wrong, and we wonder if it's possible if God is still there. As he asked this, and continues to plead with the Lord, he asked God how long all this suffering must go on for him and for all the saints. As he continues to cry unto the Lord, the voice of the Lord comes to him saying words that I think all of us need to hear. He said, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shal triumph over all thy foes." And then in Section 122, he goes on to tell Joseph that "ALL THESE THINGS SHALL GIVE THEE EXPERIENCE, and shall be for thy good." That is one of my favorite scriptures. Dad, it reminds me of the scripture you told me about that says, "Know that I am God." I love those scriptures. My family, please read those sections when you feel you need strengh, I hope those can be use to you in a time when you need them.
I want to again testify of the truthfulness of this gospel. This is Jesus Christ's church. He established it on the earth when He was here, and now it is back on the earth. He is the head of the church. He talks face to face with prophets today as he did in times of old. It is beyond amazing that we are a part of this marvelous work and wonder.
Thank you all so much for all you do. I'm truly blessed to have such an incredible family.
I love you all!!!
-Elder Egan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment