Hello my wonderful family!!
I want to begin by just letting you know that I really know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Simply said, but true. I'm so grateful to have all the support constantly from all family and friends. Thank you all so much for all the emails and letters! It's amazing to be able to have that support. I was especially grateful this week to get the big envelope of letters from Layton! It's so nice when the family sends those. Thank you all so much. Dad, Melinda and all the kids, I'm getting more and more excited to talk to you every day! It will be so great to be able to call next week! Isaac, Ashley, and Brynlee, thank you so much for all the wonderful letters! I loved them so much! It makes me so happy to be able to get those. I hope everything is going really well for all of you! Heather, thank you so much for your email! I'm working on sending you a letter today, so hopefully that will get sent out! ;) it means so much to be able to get those from you, and Congratulations on your license! Look out Tooele! haha... I hope you treat my car well. How are my windsheild wipers by the way? ;) Brock, I hope you're doing so awesome. And Braydon, thank you so much for your words in the email! I love you and hope you are just doing awesome!
This week has been another great one. Last week we were able to go try out a recording studio of a family in our ward. We received permission to record the song, Hallelujah there. But, it didn't end up sounding that great, but we had some fun doing it anyway!
Other than that, the spiritual experiences are happening constantly. Unfortunately, Rickie's baptism didn't go through yesterday. We talked to her the other day and she told us that she had a camping trip planned with her girls. The adversary is just definitely working on her right now, and something is fighting against her will on being baptized. We are now planning for this Thursday evening, but she told us that she might end up being called out of town for work. She still shows complete desire to be baptized, and she has a testimony. It just seems like Satan is really working hard on her to not make that step. She is constantly in our prayers though!!
This week, we were able to teach Stephanie Spencer again! She is such an awesome lady and mother. We were able to teach her all about the Plan of Salvation. It was amazing to be able to see her light up as we talked about it, she's really feeling comfortable and at home with the church and with its teachings.
Being a missionary is still the greatest thing in the world. I love being a missionary, and doing missionary work every day.
Last night we went over to a home of a lady in our ward who is a member, but her husband is not. Her name is Liz Bestor. It's kinda weird meeing with them because they're both really young, and it feels like they are younger than us sometimes. But she's a really nice lady. They have a little two year old son named Jet, and we just went over to stop by, and to talk with her husband a little bit. As we got to know her and her husband, Andy more and more, we started teaching him about the gospel. He has never really been a big part of a religion before, but was interested in hearing what we had to say. He showed sincere desire to read from the Book of Mormon, and promised that he would. I was so grateful for the opportunity Elder Taufa and I had to bear testimony to him over and over. He told us that it seemed a little bit crazy that we believed that families can be together forever. But I asked him if that's what he wants, and he immediately said yes. He would love to live with his family forever, and the idea of that really excited him. It was a testimony to me that when we go by the spirit, and as missionaries, really teach what THEY need to hear, the spirit testifies of truth. I liked those bullet points you shared with me, Mom, about the things we need to know to be true. Those are difinitely true words!
We were also able to meet with another part member family, where the WIFE is not a member. Her name is Christie Jessip. She was raised in the RLDS church, and so she's always grown up hearing negative things about the church, which makes it hard for her to want to learn about the gospel.
Well, my family, sorry this is kind of short this week! But I really hope everything is going so well for each and every one of you back at home! Oh, I forgot to tell you too, but Mom, maybe it's a good thing we're having a hard time getting my camera fixed because over the last five weeks, (my time serving with a Tongan companion who eats so much) I have gained 20 pounds. Yep, that's right. I don't know how it happened. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.
Well, this week we're really going to work hard as missionaries. This work can be really hard at times, but it is so worth it. Heavenly Father loves us so much and He is constantly looking out for us because He loves us and wants us to be happy. I know Heavenly Father is so happy for each of you. I have the most amazing family here on earth, and I know Heavenly Father really loves each and every one of you. Overall, I want you to know I know this is the one and only true church on the earth. I love each and every one of you so much. You are all in my prayers.
With so much love,
Elder Egan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment