Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saying Goodbye , well "See Ya Later"...yes, that feels much better.

The day Tyler entered the MTC was full of excitement and anticipation.  Tyler had been set apart as a missionary on the night before, and it was an amazing and wonderful evening.  Tyler was ready to go, and didn't know if he would be able to sleep, because he was anxious to get going on his 2 year adventure.  On Wednesday morning we zipped up the suitcases, loaded them up and headed to Provo.  We stopped for lunch at Golden Corral then had a few extra minutes before his drop off time of 12:45, so we said our good byes and took a few last photos at the Provo Temple.  The actual drop off was lightning fast--in and out of the MTC in about 4 minutes.  You're on your way, Elder Egan!!
Last few moments at home
In the burb...






Ok, so this was truly one of the hardest things I had ever done.  But I knew I couldn't be sending him anywhere better.  I know he is in the Lord's tender, watchful care. 





Braydon must have given Tyler a million hugs that day, and during the days leading up to him leaving.  He looks up to his big brother soooo much.  I love these tender photos~


I've never been more grateful to KNOW that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment