Hello Family!!!
I cannot believe it is finally P-day! It is so crazy how time goes here at the MTC. In a way it feels like I've been here forever, but in a way it feels like I just got here yesterday. haha.. But it's so great here how time goes. So much is always happenning. You are never not busy here. Alright, I thought I would have enough time to write a long letter on here, but I guess we'll see! There's a little timer on the top of my screen... better hurry!!
This week has probably been the best week of my life. The first day of the MTC, so much was happenning. It was just so crazy. The feeling of a ton of excitement, yet so much anxiety because you have no idea what to expect. It was, as Joe said it would be, the longest day of my life! But it was so awesome. As soon as I got here, they took me to my room to drop off my stuff, gave me my tag and we went off to class. It all starts immediately. When I met my companion, we started talking and immediately clicked. His name is Elder Murray. He is from New Zealand and speaks Samoan and Mauri.. I think that's how you spell it! But we have had so many great times together. It's been so awesome.
The second day, (I won't go through each day... just some of them. ;)) was just crazy. We were still just adjusting to being here, but we had some great spiritual experiences. We had class with our too awesome teachers, Brother Bytheway and Brother Winder. They are really great teachers. They have taught us so much. Anyway, that night, we met our branch presidency. When they came in and talked to us a little bit, they wanted each of us to go around and introduce ourselves a little bit. Each elder in my district went around and said who they were, where they're from, where they're going, and why they came on a mission. As each elder shared his experience, the spirit began to grow stronger and stronger in the room. I was last so it was really crazy how strong the spirit was when it got to me. So, I stood up and introduced myself and just shared my testimoiny of the church, and why I came on a mission. The spirit testified to me that what I was saying was true. Does that make sense? It was an amazing thing. Then, my branch presidency went out for a few minutes, then came back in just as we were getting up to go back to our residence. Then, out of nowhere, President Born said, "It's been decided that Elder Egan will be your district leader." What?? I was so suprised. I mean, I was so happy, and so excited, but you would have to know these missionaries I'm serving with. They are all SO strong with the spirit, and they each have such a great testimony. But, I happily accepted this call, I know it comes from the Lord so I've been so happy to be serving as DL.
I've really come closer to each missionary in my district over the last week. Elder Murray and I have had a few chances to "role play" with investigators. When we have done so, it's been amazing to see the spirit come into the room. (By the way, two elders in my district are standing here telling me to tell you hello!) Anyway, we have really learned how to teach the First Lesson (Restoration) and the spirit has been so strong. I really love being a missionary!! Sometimes it is stressful and a little overwhelming, but it's okay because we're being overwhelmed with the Spirit!!
If there's one thing I really love about my district it's the way we all connect with each other and are able to talk to each other and learn how to teach with each other. I love having that. I'm just learning so much every day!!
Hey Heather, I loved the words to that song. I'm not sure if I'll get to write you back today or not, but keep working on it! I really love the changes you're making to it! It's awesome. Guess what. This morning, an elder walked into my room and was like "Elder Egan I need your address." I asked him why and they were pointing to your picture on the wall and told me they want to write you. I told them no way, plus you're already writing a missionary! Anyway, I thought you'd appriciate that.
Oh man, what else. Well, I promise next week to use my preparation day time a little more wisely. It's just so hard to fit in everything from this whole week! I have some pictures on my camera I was going to attatch, but now I can't because I need a cord. Anyway, hopefully we'll figure something out with that. Thank you so much for all the support. I love you all so much and I can't wait to here back from you!
The gospel is 100% true. I love to be a part of it, and serving the Lord every day. I want you to know I know that.
Much love,
Elder Egan :)
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BROCK AND GRANDPA AND BUB!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment