Hello Family!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!! As always, time is just flying by SO fast, and I really cannot believe that it is already July. It seems like my mission just started, and here I am almost four months out. Time flies way too fast to think that I have time to relax... haha It's really true though, when people say that two years is not a very long time. I've noticed that so much as I've watched other missionaries go home, and it's just a constant reminder to me to live every single day to its fullest, and to be the very best you can be. Heather, it's like you said in your letter to put yourself out there completely. I know you're really good at that, and that's something I've really tried to do. We don't have time to hold back the person we want to be. I love this quote that the Lyons have on their fridge. I'll have to get it so I can quote it exactly, but basically what it says is that no single person on the earth should ever feel like they are not good enough for something, because every single person has an amazing power within them to be just as incredible as anyone else... I don't know, it probably says something completely different, but that's what I got out of it! ;)
I LOVED getting all the mail this week! It really meant so much. It was so awesome to be able to get the letter, pictures and messages from the ward, even though it got rained on! ;) It was still great to get, and to see those pictures of the ward. Looks like the campout was a lot of fun! Thank you to all. Mom, you'll have to tell Brother Furgeson I said hello. I've thought a lot about him and his class as I've been out on the mission. Ever since the MTC, I've been so grateful to him for the things he taught in that class, and I've been able to use skills I learned from him that my companions have been able to learn from me. Tell him that he better keep teaching that class, because it helps so much. Dad, thank you so much for your letter. I loved it as always. And to Isaac, Ashley and Brynlee, I love you all so much!!! Hey Brock and Braydon, sounds like you had fun on the float in the parade? ;) Braydon, sorry you got hurt bud! Are you okay? Make sure you are tough, and put some cold water on it if it hurts! Sorry, though, that doesn't sound fun at all.;) And Happy Birthday Scott!! Sounds like you had a pretty awesome surprise birthday party! I hope that went really well.
I hope everyone had an amazing holiday! We were able to spend the day yesterday with some different members in our ward, and the Matina family had us over for dinner, and took us to some fireworks afterwards. They are amazing. They are Samoan, and they are one of those families who really feel like they are MY family. We have grown to be pretty close. We didn't think about how late we would be getting out of the firework show, so we felt bad for being home late last night! But, it was a great opprotunity to meet people there, there were so many people! And the firework show was incredible.
Speaking of being able to meet people, thank you SO much for any of you who have fasted or prayed this week for the people out here. It means so much, and your prayers have definitely been heard! This week we met an amazing lady named Cassie. She came into town and is staying with some relatives of hers in our ward. She had never really heard much about the church before. All she knew is that she was related to mormons. But, we were able to go over to their house and meet with her and the family. It was amazing to be able to feel of the spirit in the home. Cassie expressed to us that she had always felt in her life like she was alone, and that nobody really cared for her that much. When she told us that, I just got this feeling like crazy that I needed to tell her all about her Heavenly Father. I went on for a few minutes, but I was basically just testifying to her that her Heavenly Father is there for her, that he IS her FATHER, and that she means the world to him. She just stared at me the whole time, and then finally smiled. She really opened up to us, telling us how much that meant to her, and she told us that she really felt like it would be important for her to read the Book of Mormon. She's been doing it, and she said that it has "felt true". It's amazing how little truths like that can testify to people with so much power. Heather, as we talked with her it reminded me of your "Daughter of a King" CD picture, and that is exactly what Cassie needed to hear.
We were also able to meet with a lady named Vanessa, who came in contact with the church and talked to missionaries a while back. She was just really interested in talking with us all of a sudden, and she said she felt like it was time for her to get back to church. Just little things like that remind me that Heavenly Father is really working with us at all times, in all things, in all places!
As it was last week, we had an AMAZING meeting with Andy Bestor this week. We have put so much thought and prayer into teaching him lately. We went in with a plan to teach about baptism and repentance, also hoping to talk to him about possibly changing his baptismal date to sooner, but the spirit directed otherwise. He had all kinds of questions about the Word of Wisdom, and we were able to talk to him all about it. His eyes constantly got bigger and bigger as he learned more and more. He is constantly growing so much. The spirit was so strong there, and at the end of the lesson, (they had some friends there at the house with them who are members but haven't been to church in years) and one of the friends was asked to say the closing prayer. She said she hadn't done it in ten years, and didn't feel comfortable doing it, but eventually did. She offered a simple prayer, and it really seemed to help her as well as Andy. Then, after that, they asked me if I would sing for them. The Matinas had given me the music for "O Lord, My Redeemer" and I was able to play and sing it for them. I love being able to bear testimony through music, and that song is one of my favorites. I love its simplicity, yet power within it. (Lindsay, all it needs is a keychange.:))
Well my family, I know this church is true. If any of you ever question it, I mean seriously question it, write me a letter. ;) haha... but really. I know that Jesus Christ died for us. I know He loves us, and that our Heavenly Father loves us so very much. I love my mission because it is constantly opening my eyes more and more and is allowing me to become the very best person I can be. I'm so grateful for each of you, for your examples and your strength. We are here on this earth to be happy, and to constantly learn and grow. I love each of you so much, and I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-
Day Saints is Jesus Christ's church. He stands at the head of it
! With love,
-Elder Egan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment